WESTBROOK (AP) – Officials are seeking the cause of a chemical spill at a pool supply business in Westbrook.

Two employees who were working Sunday evening at NAMCO Pool and Patio were taken to the hospital as a precaution. Officials say the two spilled a mix of chemicals in a back room of the business, but it’s unclear how the accident happened.

John True of the Presumpscot Valley Hazardous Materials Unit said officials sealed the building and were working to eliminate vapors and clean up the spilled chemicals.

The chemicals included sodium sulfate, boric acid and chlorine.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.