Lewis Walter Jackson
1924 – 2009

LEWISTON — Lewis W. Jackson, 84, of Copper Ridge Road, Greene, died Wednesday, Nov. 18, at the Russell Park Rehabilitation Center surrounded by his family.

He was born in Auburn on Nov. 23, 1924, the son of Cyril and Carrie (Riggs) Jackson. He was raised by his grandparents, Walter and Olive Jackson, after the death of his father when he was four years old. He attended Livermore Falls High School. He served in the U.S. Navy from March 18, 1943, to April 28, 1946, and re-enlisted to serve until 1968.

On Jan. 31, 1947, he married Eleanor Fuller of Fayette; they were married for 41 years. After retiring from the Navy, Lewis was employed as a bus driver for the Livermore, Buckfield and Turner schools and as courier for Casco Bank. He was a member of the South Lewiston Baptist Church. He was also very active in the Oriental Star Masonic Lodge #21 of Livermore Falls, Canton and Auburn, where he served as master in Livermore Falls. In 2002, he received the State of Maine Mason of the Year award. He was also co-founder of the 4-H Beef Club of Livermore, and enjoyed woodworking — making many heirlooms for his children and grandchildren.

He is survived by three daughters, Linda Miller of Turner, and Rhonda Lavoie and Elise Jackson of Livermore; his former wife, Eleanor Jackson of Livermore; seven grandchildren, Paul Lavoie, Terri Gorder, Sara Frost, Jessica Tessier, Kimberly Kerbo, Ryan Jackson and Scott Jackson; and eight great-grandchildren.

He was predeceased by two brothers, Henry Jackson and Fred Jackson; and a sister, Lillian Jackson.

Guest Book