RUMFORD — About a dozen firefighters from the Rumford and Mexico fire departments responded to a report of smoke in the kitchen of a 59 South Rumford Road residence at 12:21 p.m. Monday.

Rumford Deputy Chief Richard Coulombe said the two-story building is owned by James Andrews Jr. He said a small fire was burning inside the stove pipe of a wood-burning cook stove.

The fire caused no damage.

Also responding was Med-Care Ambulance Service.

Firefighters cleared the scene within a half-hour.

[email protected]


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.