LEEDS — The Leeds Historical Society will present a program on Leeds one-room schools at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 24, at Leeds Community Church. The program will focus on the time period between 1935 and 1953 when the last of the schools closed and the Leeds Central School welcomed its first students. The public is invited to attend.

Members of the society have spent a number of months interviewing former students. They’ve heard stories of students looping the ropes of their sleds over the runner of a horse-drawn sleigh, to be pulled up over the hill to the Quaker Ridge School.

They’ve also heard of pranks, such as blocking the door to the school with the entire winter’s wood so the teacher couldn’t get in, and they heard how the big girls helped the teacher peel vegetables for a hot lunch cooked on the old school stove. These and many more memories will be shared at the program.

After the presentation, there will be an opportunity for the audience to share their memories and view memorabilia from the Leeds one-room schools. Refreshments, including home made doughnuts, will be served and there will be a variety of Leeds Historical Society items for sale.