WATERFORD — An early-morning fire destroyed a local home Wednesday.

At 2 a.m., Waterford firefighters responded to the home of Michael Corriveau at Just Rite Acres off Route 118.

Assistant Fire Chief Tom Murch said the fire started when a wall next to a wood stove caught fire. The fire destroyed the home and damaged a nearby garage. Murch said Corriveau was the only resident and was not injured.

The Norway and Stoneham fire departments assisted, bringing water to the scene. The fire was out by 5 a.m.

[email protected]


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: