WALES — RSU 4 will host a community forum at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Oak Hill Middle School for parents to ask questions and learn more about the district’s response to a series of bomb threats.

Last week, four bomb threats evacuated three schools. According to Superintendent Jim Hodgkin, three students have confessed to three of the incidents and have either been charged or are in the process of being charged by police.

In a note sent home to parents Tuesday, Hodgkin said he’s heard some criticism about a lack of communication.

“We have been continuously cautioned by the police about what and how to communicate,” he said. “In all cases, it has been frustrating trying to compete with social media and cellphones. Students have cellphones and make calls and report misinformation immediately.”


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.