AUBURN (AP) — It may sound like a B-grade movie, but it was all too real for Maine firefighters who encountered “snakes in an attic.”

Firefighters in Auburn learned, upon responding to an attic fire Monday morning, that a tenant was keeping 25 to 30 ball pythons in the attic.

Capt. Scott Hunter told WMTW-TV that firefighters rescued about half of the snakes after being told they were not poisonous.

Firefighters believe a heater used to keep the snakes warm caused the fire. The snakes’ owner told firefighters that he kept the reptiles as pets.


Facebook comments