I’m teaching children how to knit. I’m looking for knitting needles sizes 6 – 7 – 8 – 9 – 10.

I have bought tons of them but over the years I have given them to students and now I’m out of them. If anyone has needles they are not using and would like to donate to me, I’d be very thankful for them.

I will pick them up. Call me at 207-689-4267. Thank you once again. — Anne, No Town.

DEAR SUN SPOTS:  We are currently in the planning stages of the 30th class reunion for the Livermore Falls High School class of 1985 to be held in July 2015 and are trying to gather contact information: name, address, phone number and email address for all classmates. Our Facebook page can be found by searching Livermore Falls High School Class of 1985 30th Reunion Class Page. Contact information can be emailed to [email protected] I can also be reached by phone at 207-491-9146. Thank you. Jennifer (Hiscock) Pooler via email.

DEAR SUN SPOTS: I want to thank your readers for their generosity to Turner Elementary School and Tripp Middle School for sending their Box Tops for Education.

If you have any Box Tops or Campbell soup labels that you would like to donate to our school, mail them to me at 5 Brookfield Estate, Turner, ME 04282. — Laurie Labbe, [email protected]

DEAR SUN SPOTS: Is there anywhere to buy peanuts in bulk in the Lewiston-Auburn area? — Reader via our Sun Spots facebook page.

ANSWER: Sun Spots Facebook fans have replied that there is a place to buy peanuts in bulk at Bob’s Peanuts at 557 Lincoln St. in Lewiston. Also, Sweets and Treats at the center court of the Auburn Mall on Center St. in Auburn sells a variety of nuts by the pound.

DEAR SUN SPOTS: My living room has paper on it that needs to be replaced. There used to be something like sheetrock that looked like wallpaper that came in 4×8 sheets. Is there any place out there that still carries that? — No Name, No Town.

ANSWER: Sun Spots called 10 different businesses including Home Depot, Lowe’s and several lumber yards in search of that pre-wallpapered wallboard, sheetrock or drywall. This type of product is often used in mobile homes, modular homes and RVs. Jeff Mecervier in the parts department at Call of the Wild in Oxford can get paneling that has a vinyl covering. It’s not a drywall type panel. It is not in stock and has to be ordered. You can call Jeff at 207-539-4410. 

DEAR SUN SPOTS: I am writing to tell you about an angel who offered me a ride from Hannaford on Sabattus Street in Lewiston. I would have had to wait for a cab for about half an hour or 45 minutes. I am grateful to Lorraine who was my angel. If she reads this, I said a prayer like you asked me to. — Sincerely, Jackie in Lewiston.

This column is for you, our readers. It is for your questions and comments. There are only two rules: You must write to the column and sign your name (we won’t use it if you ask us not to). Please include your phone number. Letters will not be returned or answered by mail, and telephone calls will not be accepted. Your letters will appear as quickly as space allows. Address them to Sun Spots, P.O. Box 4400, Lewiston, ME 04243-4400. Inquiries can be emailed to [email protected], tweeted @SJ_SunSpots or posted on the Sun Spots facebook page at facebook.com/SunJournalSunSpots. This column can also be read online at sunjournal.com/sunspots.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: