FARMINGTON — An older-style mobile home on Pierpole Road was destroyed by fire Sunday afternoon, Fire Rescue Chief Terry Bell said Monday.

The cause is believed to be a spark from the wood stove that caught the exterior of the home on fire, he said.

It is believed a couple of cats perished in the fire.

Joseph and Katrina Wilde were home at the time the fire was reported at 5:22 p.m. Firefighters were told that the Wildes heard a popping sound outside.

The family does not have insurance on the home, which is off Route 4 near the Fairbanks Bridge. 

The American Red Cross was called to help the family, Bell said.

Advertisement

Fifty-one firefighters from Farmington, Chesterville, Jay, New Vineyard, Temple, Strong and Wilton responded.

When firefighters arrived, one end of the home was fully engulfed in flames, he said.

“It is a total loss,” he said.

A nearby mobile home was not damaged.

[email protected]


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.