POLAND — A home at 593 Johnson Hill Road was destroyed after a kitchen fire spread to the rest of the building Tuesday afternoon. There were no immediate reports of injuries.

The fire was called in shortly after 2 p.m. and the first firefighters to arrive reported the house was engulfed in flames. Firefighters from other towns, including Otisfield and Oxford, joined Poland crews in battling the blaze near the intersection of Edwards Road.

By 3:30 p.m., the fire was reported under control, although crews remained at the scene.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.