NORWAY — Norway Savings Bank was recently named as one of 2016’s Best Places to Work in Maine and nationally recognized as one of the Best Banks to Work For.

In all, 21 large organizations in Maine achieved “Best Places” status in the 11th year of the Maine program and 60 banks achieved “Best Bank” status in the fourth year of the national program.

To determine status for both programs, banks and organizations were evaluated on a two-step process starting with evaluation of their policies, practices and demographics, which made up 25 percent of the rating. The remaining 75 percent came from employee surveys measuring experience and attitude of individual employees.

Norway Savings Bank has also been recognized nationally as one of the healthiest companies in America by the Wellness Council of America as a two-time Gold-Level Well Workplace award recipient

Norway Savings Bank will be recognized and honored at the Best Place to Work in Maine awards ceremony on Oct. 4.

The bank was featured in the Aug. 29 issue of American Banker Magazine as one of the 60 banks to achieve “best bank” status.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: