BANGOR — It was senior night for the Bangor High School girls soccer team on Monday and it didn’t take long for a pair of seniors to find the back of the net for the Rams in their Class A North matchup with Lewiston.

Center midfielder Megan Conner scored just 1:32 into the game and left midfielder Katie Butler scored 9:17 later as the Rams closed out an undefeated regular season and sewed up the top seed for upcoming playoffs with an impressive 5-0 triumph.

Bangor wound up 14-0 and posted its sixth consecutive shutout and 10th of the season.

Lewiston, which had allowed only 13 goals entering the game, ended the regular season at 6-5-3.

Grace Morris, a senior center back, junior striker Luci Clein and freshman striker Madeline Ahola scored the other goals as Bangor completely dominated the contest from start to finish.

Bangor attempted 21 shots to Lewiston’s two and the Blue Devils didn’t generate their first attempt until there was 19:30 remaining in the game.

The Rams won virtually every 50-50 ball and gave the Blue Devils very little time on the ball.

“This was the best game we’ve played this season, the most complete game,” said Bangor coach Joe Johnson. “This was the best everybody as a whole played together, too.”

“We were really pumped up,” said Butler, who will attend Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts, next fall.

“We got beat by a better team. No doubt,” said Lewiston coach Brant Remington. “I was proud of my girls. They played well. Bangor finished really well and that was the big difference. They’re real good.”

“They were a lot quicker than we expected,” said Lewiston standout senior center back and co-captain Morgan Eliasen.

Conner opened the scoring when her left-footed cross from the right wing sailed into the far corner off a pass from freshman midfielder Eliza Jansujwicz.

“It hit off off the inside of my foot and it curled in,” said Conner.

Butler made it 2-0 by bursting free into the penalty area onto a perfect pass from Libby Spekhardt and guiding a 10-yard shot past Lewiston goalie Kallie May.

“We’ve been working on diagonal runs and it was perfect timing on Libby’s end,” said Butler.

“Katie ran off the ball real well today,” said Spekhardt.

Morris expanded the lead 7:36 into the second half with a glancing header into the far corner off a Conner corner kick.

“I love heading the ball,” said Morris who scored with a header in Bangor’s 2-0 state championship game win over Gorham last fall.

Clein made it 4-0 with a 10-yard shot off a Butler pass and Ahola capped the scoring with a rising shot from 14 yards out.

Conner and Jansujwicz controlled the midfield and Bangor’s back line of Morris, Lauren Young, Bella Varisco and Maddie Symonds, along with Kira Yardley, excelled.

Maddie Hodgdon wasn’t required to make a save in the first half and Page Cadorette came up with two in the second half including a nice stop off Kajha Gagnon’s curling free kick.

May had two saves in the first half and Taylor Chamberlain had one in the second half for the Blue Devils.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.