FARMINGTON — An electrical issue was the cause of a fire that destroyed a mobile home at 119 Lamkin Lane on Monday evening, according to Farmington Fire Chief Terry Bell.

Sgt. Ken Grimes and Jeremy Damren of the State Fire Marshal’s Office sifted through debris Tuesday morning. A state electrical inspector was also called in Tuesday, Bell said.

The cause was an electrical issue in the old trailer, Bell said.

Tenants David and Amanda Hawkes told firefighters that they had heard a funny noise and saw a glow when they looked toward the back of the trailer shortly after 5 p.m. Monday. They lost all their household possessions in the fire.

The mobile home, owned by Jon and Lois Bubier, is in a trailer park behind Ron’s Market on High Street. Other homes in the park, also owned by the Bubiers, were not damaged.

[email protected]

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: