LIVERMORE FALLS — Firefighters from several towns contained a kitchen fire at 39 Knapp St. on Saturday evening.

The fire was caused by the oil from French-frying potatoes boiling over on a stove, Fire Chief Edward Hastings IV said.

Kayla Therrien, her husband and three children were able to get out of the house safely, Hastings said. No one was injured.

The fire was reported at 6:02 p.m. 

Fire was visible from one side of the house when firefighters arrived, Hastings said. The house is repairable but is not habitable now, he said. It is insured.

More than 34 firefighters from Livermore Falls, Jay, Livermore and Wilton responded, as well as Livermore Falls and Jay police and NorthStar EMS.

More than 34 firefighters from several towns were able to contain a fire to the kitchen of a house at 39 Knapp St. in Livermore Falls early Saturday evening.

Comments are not available on this story.

filed under: