AUBURN — Less than a week after he was convicted and sentenced for child abuse, a former Florida man is wanted back in court.

Laquavius Hudson, 21, failed to report to his probation officer on March 6, probation officer Nicole Lenda wrote in an affidavit filed in Androscoggin County Superior Court.

Hudson was sentenced Feb. 28 to 260 days for domestic violence assault, time he’d already served. On a conviction of endangering the welfare of a child, he was sentenced to nine months in jail, time that was suspended. He was placed on probation for six months.

If a judge were to determine that Hudson violated the terms of his probation, he could be ordered to serve some or all of the suspended sentence on the endangering charge.

In court papers filed this week, Lenda wrote that Hudson had failed to report to her on March 6, as he was ordered by the judge.

The court issued a warrant Tuesday for Hudson’s arrest on a summons for violating probation and ordered he be held without bail pending a court hearing.


In her affidavit, Lenda wrote that Hudson was instructed to return to the probation office with information necessary to start the process of moving him back to Florida, where he had lived before coming to Maine.

On March 6, “Hudson was a no-show,” Lenda wrote. A Florida address was listed for him in court papers. A family member there said he would try to reach Hudson in an effort to get him to report to probation.

While in Maine, Hudson had been living in Lewiston with his then-girlfriend. It was her three children he had been charged with abusing in a 12-count grand jury indictment, including six felonies. There was no response to a knock on the door at the Lewiston address, Lenda wrote.

Hudson had not been arrested on the warrant as of Thursday afternoon, a court clerk said.

According to court documents, one of the children named in the grand jury indictment was 18 months old. The others were 4 and 5 years old.

Hudson’s girlfriend and mother of the three children had been indicted on six counts of endangering the welfare of a child, three felonies and three misdemeanors. She pleaded guilty in August 2017 to one misdemeanor count and was sentenced to 364 days in jail. That sentence was suspended and she was placed on probation for one year.


According to court documents, Lewiston police began investigating in November 2016 when the children’s mother took her then-4-year-old daughter to St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center in Lewiston with a broken left arm. X-rays taken at the hospital revealed prior fractures of the same arm that were still healing, according to court papers.

The hospital referred the case to the Maine Department of Health and Human Services, which ordered that the other two children be examined, as well. Later that month, all three children were examined at an agency in Portland.

The Portland agency reported to police that it found six healing rib fractures on the 4-year-old, as well as multiple fractures of the arms and a skin injury from being struck by a looped cord, according to the affidavit.

Medical officials found seven rib fractures on the 18-month-old child, as well as healing fractures of bones in the arms, shoulders and legs. The 5-year-old was found to have four healing rib fractures, according to court papers.

[email protected]

Laquavius Hudson (Sun Journal file photo)

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: