LEWISTON — A three-story apartment house on Bradley Street was briefly evacuated Friday night after neighbors reported smelling smoke about 10 p.m.

The first firefighters to arrive at 18 Bradley St. reported finding a charred spot on the floor of what appeared to be a vacant apartment on the second floor. They doused the small fire and dug into the floor to check for smoldering materials.

A fire investigator and a city electrician were called to the scene.

Nobody was hurt.

Fire crews blocked off sections of Ash and Bradley streets as the home was evacuated. The streets were opened again by 10:20 p.m., although fire crews remained at the scene.

Firefighters investigate a small fire at an apartment house at 18 Bradley St. in Lewiston late Friday night. (Mark LaFlamme/Sun Journal)

filed under: