LISBON — At least one person was displaced and a pet died Thursday morning in an apartment house fire on Spring Street, Fire Chief Nate LeClair said.

“We’re thinking it was a towel left too close to a light bulb that was on,” he said.

Lisbon crews were notified about 9:20 a.m. and called for assistance from Topsham and Lewiston. The blaze was contained to one apartment.

LeClair said he didn’t know if more than one person lived in the apartment.

Tenants in the other three units were able to return to the building Thursday evening after power was restored.

The fire is under investigation.

An apartment fire on Spring Street in Lisbon on Thursday morning displaced at least one tenant and killed a pet, Fire Chief Nate LeClair said. Tenants in the other three apartments were able to return to the building Thursday night after power was restored. (Chris Quattrucci/The Times Record)


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: