HARRISON — July 20, from 1 – 4 p,m., Scribner’s Mill and Homestead will be open for tours.  In the mill, visitors lean how the early 1847 sash saw worked and the homestead tells the story of the families who operated this industrial site.

The recently published book telling the history of Scribner’s Mill will be available for purchase.

A $5 donation for each adult is requested.  Check our web site scribnersmill.org for more information about the mill.

Scribner’s Mill is found south of Bolsters Mills on Jesse Mill Rd. crossing over the Crooked River Bridge into the Town of Harrison, the mill is on the left.  From Routes 35 or 117, follow the Maine State Directional signs found at Carsley Rd. or Maple Ridge Rd. respectively.  For those following their GPS from Rte. 121, continue on Bolsters Mills Rd to Jesse Mill Rd. instead of turning onto the Tamworth Rd.  Private or group tours are available by calling 583-6455.

Comments are not available on this story.

filed under: