A fire that destroyed a house on Avon Place on Monday in Livermore Falls was ruled accidental, Fire Rescue Chief Edward Hastings IV said Tuesday. Donna M. Perry/Sun Journal

LIVERMORE FALLS — A state fire investigator ruled Tuesday that a fire that destroyed a house on Avon Place on Monday afternoon was accidental, Fire Rescue Chief Edward Hastings IV said.

It originated in a storage area at the back of the house, he said.

Two dogs and a puppy were rescued, but cats and a rabbit were still missing.

The home owned by Frank Blick was occupied by Justin Cook, 22, Aliyah Laplante, 19, Devin St. Laurent, 16, and Trevor St. Laurent, 18, Hastings said. None of them were there at the time and they did not have renters insurance.

Blick had insurance on the property, Hastings said.

 


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: