Auburn firefighters roll up hoses after responding to a fire at Stratham Tire on Minot Avenue on Friday afternoon. Andree Kehn/Sun Journal

AUBURN — Fire crews went to Stratham Tire on Minot Avenue on Friday afternoon after an issue with a commercial oven filled the business with smoke.

Fire officials said the oven, used to recap tires, malfunctioned at about 1 p.m. and began to smoke. The call came in as a working fire at 254 Minot Ave., although a fire captain said there were no flames.

The problem was isolated to the area of the oven, fire officials said. Crews helped blow smoke from the building and cleared the scene.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: