OXFORD — The dates are not yet confirmed, but the Federal Emergency Management Agency mobile COVID-19 clinic will return to Oxford and Windham within the next two weeks to provide second shots to those who received their first shots at the mobile clinic last month, FEMA spokesman Patrick Boland said Monday.

When the mobile clinic was launched at the Oxford Casino on April 13, the plan was to use the one-and-done Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Unlike Moderna and Pfizer, the J&J shot does not require a second booster.

But the day the Oxford clinic began, the federal government announced a pause in the J&J vaccine because of serious but rare blood clots in women.

The state swiftly rushed Moderna vaccine to the mobile sites in Oxford and Windham, and told residents to stay tuned for how their second follow-up shots will be provided.

“We will be going back in 10 to 12 days to Oxford and Windham where we administered the Moderna,” Boland said. “We will provide the second dose of Moderna.”

The Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to soon release more details.

Related Headlines


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.