LEWISTON – A trash fire that started to make its way up the side of the Paradis Insurance Agency building at 15 Bartlett St. was quickly squelched last night.

How the fire started was unknown, according to fire officials.

Shawn Fitzsimmons of Lewiston spotted the blaze while driving by and called the fire department.

“First, there was a trash can on fire,” said Fitzsimmons.

When he drove by a second time to check the address of the incident, the side of the house had ignited.

“It was spotted quick enough,” said Capt. Larry Morin of the Lewiston Fire Department.

No one was home on the second floor of the Paradis building, which is a residential space, and none of the surrounding apartments had to be evacuated, Morin said.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.