LEWISTON – An Auburn man who tied up a pizza delivery man and robbed him in Lewiston last summer has been sent to prison for three years and ordered to repay more than $1,000 in stolen loot.

Eric St. Pierre, 22, of 253 Main St., was sentenced to seven years in prison after he was convicted of robbery in Androscoggin County Superior Court. Four years of that sentence were suspended.

St. Pierre was one of four suspects in the heist during which a 23-year-old Domino’s Pizza delivery man was tied up, threatened with knives and robbed at 46 River St.

The delivery man was not seriously hurt after he was jumped while dropping off a pizza to an apartment inside that building. Police said the attackers stole his pizza money as well as personal items.

The victim told police he had been sent to deliver six pizzas to the apartment at about 10:15 p.m. that night. Once there, he said, one man opened the door and invited him inside. Moments later, a second man jumped out from behind the door and both suspects pulled out knives, according to the affidavit.

The delivery man was ordered to sit in a chair where he was tied with shoelaces. A rag was stuffed in his mouth as a gag, the victim told police.

Investigators said the attackers stole $150 from the victim and made off with his cell phone and wallet. They also took off with some of the pizzas.

Investigators said the suspects made crucial errors during the robbery. Two people who live in the River Street neighborhood said they saw four people running from the back door of the apartment building where the attack occurred. One of the suspects removed the bandanna from his face and was recognized by the witnesses, police said.

The suspects also were captured on a Wal-Mart video camera as they shopped with stolen money and the pizza delivery man’s credit card, police said. Within 12 hours of the robbery, with the help of the Central Maine Violent Crimes Task Force, police had found all four suspects and charged three of them.

The cases against the others were still pending. One was a 15-year-old released to the custody of his parents. The other, 21-year-old Jesus Rodriguez, who lived at the River Street apartment house where the robbery took place, faces similar charges.