CHAPMAN (AP) – Two people from Aroostook County remained in hospitals Monday with severe burns suffered in a weekend fire at a two-bay garage in this town near Presque Isle.

Clarence Cain, 53, of Mapleton, was being treated in a Massachusetts hospital for burns over 70 percent of his body, authorities said.

Jessica Pratt, 22, of Chapman, suffered burns over 40 percent of her body and was at Maine Medical Center in Portland.

The two were working on Pratt’s pickup truck Saturday night when a spark apparently ignited gasoline, fire investigators said. The garage, owned by Farm Food Transportation, was destroyed.

Pratt and Cain were transported to hospitals by helicopter.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.