Dear Sun Spots: Thanks again for such a great column. I would like to remind readers that the holidays are approaching and if people can find it in their hearts to donate to a local food pantry – such as the North Turner Food Pantry – it would be greatly appreciated by all. There is such a great need, especially during the holidays. An article of clothing or a toy to the Rural Community Action Ministry of Leeds for these children in need would also be another wonderful opportunity to help. RCAM may be reached at 81 Church Hill Road, Leeds, ME 04263 or via phone at 524-5095, 524-3791 or 224-7505.

I want to thank you in advance. If you want to donate but can’t get there, call me. I would be glad to help out. I’m volunteering time and manpower to fill this pantry for the holidays. I am Dominique Richardson and may be reached at 224-7136. If no answer, please leave a message. I may be out volunteering! Thanks again. – Dominique Richardson, No Town.

You can reach North Turner Food Pantry at Route 219, North Turner, ME 04266. They are open the fourth Wednesday of the month from 6 to 8 p.m. Contact Dominique above or Ann Morris 224-7781.

Dear Sun Spots: I heard that Korn-Haus-Keller has closed its doors. I have a gift certificate. Is there any way that I can get my money back? – Mrs. B., Lewiston.

Dear Sun Spots: I enjoy your column each day. It helps a lot of people. I hope you can help me now.

I have two gift certificates from Korn-Haus-Keller and found that they are closed. Please help me get my money. Who can I contact? Thank you. -Anita Dulac, No Town.

Dear Sun Spots: I have gift cards for Korn-Haus-Keller that I have not used prior to their closing. Have they announced that they will be reimbursing individuals for these unused cards? Hopefully, they’ll do the right thing and reimburse those of us who have gift certificates. – No Name, Lewiston.

Dear Sun Spots: Could you please enlighten me? I have a gift certificate for Korn-Haus-Keller and I find them closed. How can I redeem this? – A reader of S.J., No Town.

Answer: Korn-Haus-Keller has indeed closed its doors. Sun Spots has left several messages with the owners but unfortunately has received no response at all. A reporter hoping to do a story on the history of Korn-Haus-Keller has also encountered the same problem. According to the state’s treasurer’s office, all of you need to contact the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Office, which is your first step in attempting to get reimbursed. There are a number of ways you can file a consumer complaint or ask consumer questions. You can write to them at Attorney General’s Consumer Information and Mediation Service, 6 State House Station, Augusta, Maine 04333 or via phone between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. at 626-8849.

Dear Sun Spots: I am writing for some help in finding someone who teaches dog obedience classes in a 30-mile radius or so of Rumford. I can be reached after 5 p.m., during the week at 364-5856. Thanks to anyone who can help. – A. McLean, Rumford.

In addition to responses from Sun Spots readers, one suggestion would be to contact Tail Waggers at 778-9261. According to the answering machine, they will be offering a training session in Farmington on Nov. 14. For more details on them, check out their Web site at

Dear Sun Spots: I have a good supply of rug yarn that I can’t use. If anyone would like it, they can come and get it. If I am not at home, it’s in the breezeway. I’m at 127 Montello St., Lewiston. – C. Mennealy, Lewiston.

This column is for you, our readers. It is for your questions and comments. There are only two rules: You must write to the column and sign your name (we won’t use it if you ask us not to). Letters will not be returned or answered by mail, and telephone calls will not be accepted. Your letters will appear as quickly as space allows. Address them to Sun Spots, P.O. Box 4400, Lewiston, ME 04243-4400. Inquiries can also be posted at in the Advice section under Opinion on the left-hand corner of your computer screen. In addition, you can e-mail your inquiries to [email protected]

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.