1 min read

More fallout from Smith’s death: Officials from the weight-loss supplement company whose ads featured her said future ads would focus on ordinary people.

In a statement issued Saturday night, TrimSpa chief executive officer Alex Goen said that while Smith’s dramatic weight loss from the product had “helped to catapult the brand,” its success was “not simply the result of Anna Nicole Smith.”

Earlier this month, Smith and TrimSpa were named in a class-action lawsuit alleging that their marketing of a weight-loss pill was false or misleading.

The Federal Trade Commission also recently announced TrimSpa would pay $1.5 million to settle allegations that the company’s weight-loss claims were unsubstantiated.

Comments are no longer available on this story