2 min read

FARMINGTON – Several people indicted by a grand jury in March pleaded not guilty to those charges on Friday.

Cory Bellefeuille, 25, of Farmington pleaded not guilty to three charges of theft by unauthorized taking and a misdemeanor charge of cultivating marijuana.

Bellefeuille is accused of stealing three firearms, a shotgun and two rifles, from Wal-Mart in Farmington between Dec. 24, 2006, and Jan. 24. The key to the store’s gun cabinet had been stolen previously, and the key was used to open the locked case to get the guns, police said. Wal-Mart representatives changed the locks to the cabinet after they realized the key was missing, but the old key fit the new case, Farmington police Detective Marc Bowering said in early February. A judge banned Bellefeuille from going onto any Wal-Mart Stores Inc. property in February.

Adam L. Conley, 34, of Carthage pleaded not guilty to charges of gross sexual assault and unlawful sexual contact.

Conley is accused of sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl last year.

The justice kept the bail at $1,000 cash or $15,000 worth of real estate but amended bail conditions at the request of Conley’s attorney, Margot Joly, to not having contact with children under 15.

Assistant District Attorney James Andrews had recommended that Conley not have contact with anyone under 16 except for supervised visits with his children.

Michael Cook, 23, of Wilton, pleaded not guilty to charges of arson and criminal mischief. Cook is accused of burning an ice shack on Wilton Pond in February.

Walter Noble, 64, of Wilton, pleaded not guilty to two counts of operating after habitual offender revocation, and charges of failure to give correct name, address or date of birth, and violating condition of release. The violations were charged in two separate police stops.

Justice Jabar set bail at $20,000 cash or $40,000 real estate surety for each of the charges of operating after habitual offender revocation.

Noble has an extensive history of driving violations, with convictions for 48 driving-related crimes since 1966. He hasn’t been eligible to drive in Maine since 1968. He has several driving charges still pending.

Noble is currently being held on $100,000 cash bail or $250,000 worth of property at the Kennebec County jail in Augusta.

Winthrop police arrested Noble in March on charges of operating under the influence of alcohol, operating with habitual offender status and violating bail conditions.

Comments are no longer available on this story