1 min read

BANGOR (AP) – A Hampden woman has waived indictment in U.S. District Court and pleaded guilty to mailing bomb threats that shut down three schools in March.

A sentencing date for Jodi Lynn Holmes, 46, has not been set. She faces up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000 per count for mailing bombs threats to Hampden Academy, Bangor Christian Schools and John Bapst Memorial High School.

Holmes agreed to waive her right to appeal her sentence as long as it did not exceed 24 months.

In a written statement, Holmes said she had been “feeling angry feelings of terrorizing.”

Holmes admitted Tuesday that she mailed three nearly identical bomb threats to the schools on March 23.

All three included the sentence, “The first bomb will go off at 1:45 p.m. on March 28th.” They were signed “Radar,” according to court documents.

Each letter said one section of each school would be safe. For Hampden Academy, it was the “portable;” for John Bapst, the auditorium; and for Bangor Christian, the gym.

Comments are no longer available on this story