WINN (AP) – A fire that left at least two people homeless in the northern Maine town of Winn has been linked to a wood stove.

Fire officials say the stove at the home of the Walter Hoyt family had been installed less than 2 feet from an unsheathed wall.

More than two dozen firefighters from the Lincoln and Mattawamkeag area responded to the Sunday morning fire, but the single-story home was beyond saving when they arrived at the scene.

A pet dog died in the blaze.



Information from: Bangor Daily News, http://www.bangornews.com

AP-ES-12-25-07 0918EST


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.