CONCORD, N.H. (AP) – He didn’t upstage the Republican frontrunners in New Hampshire, but Ron Paul said Tuesday he will continue on, raising issues that have riled many other Republicans and raising record amounts of cash on the Internet.
“There’s really no reason for us to be letting up. It’s really only the beginning,” the Texas congressman told a raucous crowd of campaign workers and supports in Concord.
Paul, an outspoken critic of the Iraq war, was on track for fifth place with about 8 percent of the vote. He had hoped to better his 10 percent showing in the Iowa caucuses last week.
The libertarian-leaning doctor who says the Republican Party has lost its way said his campaign will gain strength as more voters hear his message of individual liberty and a strict interpretation of the Constitution.
“There is no doubt in my mind that we’re on the right track. We’re moving,” Paul said.
He credited much of his support to young people, and an intense Internet campaign that saw him raise record amounts on the Web in the last three months.
AP-ES-01-08-08 2309EST
Comments are no longer available on this story