OXFORD — Oxford Hills School District officials have completed their cuts to meet an $803,955 loss in state aid this budget year,, which ends June 30.

 Superintendent Mark Eastman told the Board of Directors last week that the final cuts necessary to recoup losses in the fiscal 2009-2010 budget have been made.

   “No additional cuts are needed to meet the curtailment unless additional state reductions are announced. And we do not anticipate that to happen for this current budget year,” Business Manager Cathy Fanjoy said this week.

Phase I included $472,108 in cuts, including a $184,821 correction of the state’s Essential Programs and Services funding calculations, $47,287 in a give-back program by school staff, and a reduction of $150,000 in the contingency fund.

Phase II cuts of $331,847 included trimming staff development, repair and maintenance accounts, supplies and equipment, and bus purchases,among other items.

The board is now focusing its full attention on what Eastman called “unprecedented” revenue losses for the district in the amount of more than $4 million expected over the next two fiscal years, 2010-11 and 2011-12.

Eastman has warned the Board of Directors and the community that revenue losses will not allow the Oxford Hills School District to sustain current levels of staffing and services.

[email protected]


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.