AUBURN — A small stove fire in an apartment kitchen forced evacuation of residents on the fourth floor of the Auburn Townhouses on Lake Auburn Avenue early Monday afternoon.

Residents on other floors of the complex also left their apartments if they were able, Deputy Fire Chief Jeff Lowe said.

There were no injuries. Damage was “very minor” and was confined to the stove and a small area behind the stove in the kitchen area, Lowe said.

The residents of that apartment should be able to reoccupy the apartment later Monday or Tuesday after it’s cleaned and aired out, he said.

At 12:25 p.m. an automatic alarm first alerted dispatchers to the fire. It was followed by a 911 call three minutes later, Lowe said.


View Lake Auburn Townhouses in a larger map


Facebook comments