BERWICK (AP) — Public safety officials in Maine say a 63-year-old Berwick woman has died from injuries she suffered in a house fire.

The Maine State Fire Marshal’s Office says Rebecca Galleshaw suffered severe smoke inhalation and was transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston on Friday.

Firefighters found her in her bed after they were called to her house at about 8:30 a.m.

Investigators said the fire started in electrical wiring in the basement. Fire damage was confined to the basement, but the rest of the one story house had heavy smoke damage.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: