AUGUSTA (AP) — Authorities say an 81-year-old Augusta woman severely burned in a cooking fire at her home last month has died.

Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland said Lorraine White died May 30 at Maine Medical Center in Portland where she was being treated for burns.

White was injured May 7 when her clothes caught fire while she was cooking with an electric oven inside her home.

Fire officials told the Kennebec Journal (http://bit.ly/1jZgwqB ) the fire started when White opened the oven door to remove an item. The fire was out by the time firefighters arrived and there was little damage to the building.

White was a former nurse in the Air Force according to her obituary.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.