TURNER — Firefighters from several towns battled a fire that started on the stove at 2523 Main St. on Wednesday morning.

Wendy White, the homeowner, said she turned her stove on to cook french fries and when out of the room while the grease heated up.

A short time later, she smelled smoke and went into the kitchen to find it on fire.

This story will be updated.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: