NEW SHARON — Firefighters on Wednesday stopped a chimney fire from spreading into more than one wall at a home at 523 Mile Hill Road, fire Chief Roger Foster said.

The owner, whose last name was not immediately known Wednesday, reported the fire at about 9:30 a.m.

About a dozen firefighters from New Sharon and Farmington responded, Foster said. There was smoke upstairs and firefighters found some hot spots downstairs, he said.

The family got out safely.

Firefighters took apart a wall in the back room to get the fire out.

The chimney had caught fire Tuesday night and the owner thought he put it out. He also put the wood stove out, Foster said.

He did not report the fire that evening, he said.

[email protected]


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: