WILTON — Firefighters’ quick response helped save a nearly 200-year-old home on Weld Road from major damage Tuesday night, Wilton Fire Chief Sonny Dunham said.

An electrical outlet in the kitchen shorted out, igniting a fire in a wall at the home of Randall Gordon at 624 Weld Road, Dunham said.

Firefighters were at the station around 7 p.m. planning for the Wilton Blueberry Festival when the call came in, he said. They quickly extinguished the fire and tore out part of the wall to make sure it had not spread.

[email protected]


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.