KINGFIELD — Firefighters were able to stop a fire on the back wall of a garage from spreading to the rest of the building and the home about 40 to 50 feet away Thursday night.

The fire on West Kingfield Road was caused by an electrical issue, Assistant Fire Chief Fred Nichols said. It burned a small part of the building, he said.

Firefighters quickly knocked the fire down. Some contents were lost in the fire, which was reported at 6 p.m.

The property is owned by Clifford Norton.

About 20 firefighters from Kingfield, New Portland and Carrabassett Valley responded.

Comments are not available on this story.