A fire that started around a wood stove destroyed the mobile home of Joshua Lola, 26, his fiancee, Erin Dyke, 21, and two young children Wednesday morning at 7 Laurel Lane in Livermore Falls.

LIVERMORE FALLS — A woman and two young children escaped a fire that started near a wood stove Wednesday morning in a mobile home at 7 Laurel Lane, off Route 106.

About 25 firefighters from six departments assisted at the fire, reported at 7:50 a.m. in the Pine Ridge Loop Mobile Home Park.

Erin Dyke, 21, got a 1-year-old girl, a 2-year-old boy and pets out of the home safely. Dyke’s fiance, Joshua Lola, 26, who owns the home, had loaded the wood stove at about 4:30 a.m. before leaving for work, Fire Chief Edward Hastings IV said. 

The fire that started around the wood stove was ruled accidental, he said.

Lola, who does construction concrete work for Concrete Craftsman, was in Sanford working on the new high school when the fire broke out.

“We’re shooken up. We just don’t know what to do,” he said. “I lost everything. Everything I ever worked for was in that house. All my kids’ clothes. Erin was able to get everyone out safely.”

The children, Lola and Dyke lost their home, belongings and clothes. They are staying with his father in Livermore Falls until they can figure out what to do, Lola said.

The American Red Cross is helping the family. 

Livermore Falls police officer Darian Nadeau said he used his cruiser’s fire extinguisher twice to try to put out the fire. Lola’s father also sprayed a fire extinguisher from the doorway but to no avail.

Ammunition started to go off after everyone was outside. Nadeau said he moved everyone back a safe distance from the burning home.  

The ammunition had subsided when firefighters arrived, Hastings said.

Livermore Falls firefighters were assisted by firefighters from Fayette, Jay, Leeds, Livermore and Wayne. A NorthStar EMS ambulance crew was also at the scene. 

Hastings said the family had no insurance.

Neighbor Kristianna Roberts said neighbors gave Dyke a blanket with which to cover her and the children.

“It is so sad,” Roberts said, as her voice caught.

Anyone wishing to help the family can contact Lola at 754-7256.

[email protected]

Erin Dyke, 21, got herself and two young children out of a mobile home on Laurel Lane in Livermore Falls when it caught fire Wednesday morning. The home is in the Pine Ridge Mobile Home Park off Route 106. The family lost everything.

Firefighters from several towns work to extinguish a fire that destroyed a mobile home Wednesday morning on Laurel Lane in Livermore Falls.

Firefighters from six departments responded to a fire Wednesday morning in a mobile home at 7 Laurel Lane in Livermore Falls. 

A fire ripped through a mobile home Wednesday morning at 7 Laurel Lane in Livermore Falls. The family of Joshua Lola and Erin Dyke lost everything. They do not have insurance. 


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: