CARRABASSETT VALLEY — A fire that destroyed a home on Fox Hollow Road last week originated near a wood stove in the living room, Fire Chief Courtney Knapp said Tuesday.

“It was truly an accidental fire,” he said.

A woman who was a guest at the rented two-story house escaped safely from the burning structure, Knapp previously said.

The fire was reported at about 8:45 p.m. Thursday, and drew about 25 firefighters from four towns and a NorthStar EMS ambulance crew.

The home is owned by John Walker of New Hampshire. It is believed to have been insured, Knapp said.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.