The COVID-19 relief bill has been in the news lately; I’ve never seen a bigger misnomer.

The truth is that only 9% of this bill goes to victims of COVID-19. The other 91% goes to fulfill a Democratic wish list.

The Democrats are holding a gun to our heads and telling us that we must accept their $1.9 trillion bill in order to receive COVID-19 relief. Much of this bill will go to bail out badly-mismanaged liberal states. This bill is nothing but liberal extortion. Such tactics belong in a Third World country.

I’d like to thank Democratic Congressman Jared Golden of Maine for voting “nay” on this bill. That $1,400 many of us will receive comes at a huge price. Many of us in Maine qualify to receive $1,400. Many people need this money, but how many dollars of the remaining 91% will come to Maine?

This COVID-19 bill is nothing but a stick-up. Do Democrats have no sense of decency? Last I knew, extortion was still a crime.

Mike Lapointe, Canton

Related Headlines


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.