FARMINGTON — The Mt. Blue High School campus was evacuated early Thursday afternoon due to the smell of propane, which fire and gas company officials determined was a false alarm.

Staff and parents were advised in an email about 11 a.m., followed within an hour by another advising that Farmington Fire and Rescue Department evaluated the smell of gas and found no issues.

“There was a smell of propane in the school,” Fire Chief Terry Bell said. “We did evacuate it. The propane company came and checked out stuff and everything was fine.”

Students were bused to Whittier Road during the inspections, according to staff members’ comments on Parents and Community Members of RSU 9’s Facebook page.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.