PARIS — Workers in the café at Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School quickly extinguished a grease fire on a grill Tuesday morning.

There were no reports of injuries.

The incident was reported shortly after 9:30 a.m. Workers threw salt on the fire and used a fire extinguisher to quickly put it out before firefighters arrived, Paris Fire Chief Mark Blaquiere said.

He praised them for their quick response.

Firefighters set up fans to remove smoke in the café area, which was closed for the day but could reopen Wednesday, Blaquiere said.

The café, which was being used for breakfast at the time, is next to the gym and is separate from the main kitchen and cafeteria, which were not impacted.

Comments are not available on this story.