BUCKFIELD — Interim Rescue Chief Cassie Greenwood told the Select Board on Tuesday night that her staff is “upbeat and energetic” following the resignation of the former chief and some staff members three weeks ago.

Greenwood took over as interim chief late last month following the sudden resignation of Chief Floyd “Chip” Richardson.

“I’m proud of everything that the staff has done,” Greenwood said.

She credited the cooperation between her staff and Fire Chief Adam Dupile and his crew for keep staffing levels at appropriate levels.

In addition, Greenwood said the Rescue Department has hired nine people in the past 20 days. They include four medics and three emergency medical technicians who will soon be fully certified.

Several members participated in a training exercise in Turner recently. Greenwood also noted that the town will host a CPR clinic on April 20, which will be open to the public.


She said 10 people are cross-trained between fire and rescue departments.

In other business, Chairman Robert Hand noted the death Thursday of Selectman Janet Iveson, who has served on the board since 2021. Iveson, whose husband Michael is also a selectman, had volunteered several years in the Town Office. She formerly served on multiple town committees, including economic development, beautification and the Community Day committees.

“Clearly she made a large commitment to the town,” Hand said. “I learned a lot from her. She was a beautiful person. It’s a big loss for us.”

Members of the town’s Cemetery Committee presented their findings to the selectmen following a two-month study to recommend changes to town rules and regulations.

The committee reviewed town records and checked with neighboring communities on their cemetery regulations. Committee member Vivian Wadas told the board that the present price structure needed to be updated.

A full 20- by 20-foot lot designed for 10 caskets or 16 urns should cost $3,500, while a half lot of 10 by 10 feet designed for five caskets or eight urns costs $1,600. At the low end, a 5- by 5-foot cremation lot would cost $375.


The committee said 30% of all sales should be placed in a perpetual care trust fund, while the remaining 70% should be placed in a cemetery reserve account and applied annually for maintenance.

The proposal recommends that the policy be consistent for all town cemeteries.

The board will review the proposal at its next meeting.

Cami Warren was reappointed to the library committee for three years.

Comments are no longer available on this story