BIDDEFORD (AP) – Production is back to normal at Biddeford Blankets following an early morning fire Tuesday caused by an exploding 750-watt light bulb.

Fire officials said the fire started when shards and sparks from the light bulb landed on rolls of material used to make bedding.

The fire damaged 16 rolls of material and several bales of fiber, said Christen Graham, a company spokeswoman.

The fire was extinguished by the building’s sprinklers and company employees, and firefighters arrived to find a smoldering, soggy mess.

Biddeford Deputy Chief Robert Fournier estimated the damage at about $10,000.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.