MILTON, N.H. (AP) – Investigators have identified the Milton, N.H., man who died from carbon monoxide poisoning in his home during the weekend.

They believe a vent and intake air pipe disconnected from a basement heating unit, filling the home with the carbon monoxide that killed 40-year-old James Mummey.

State Fire Marshal Bill Degnan said the death highlights the importance of having carbon monoxide detectors in homes. There was no detector in Mummey’s home.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.