BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) – A Louisiana prosecutor says he’s reached a plea deal with seven former college students accused of sending two fellow marching band members to intensive care after a violent hazing incident.

East Baton Rouge Parish district attorney Hillar Moore says the seven agreed to plead guilty to hazing and conspiracy charges Tuesday.

Moore says they will probably be sentenced to probation. Each had faced up to 50 years in prison and $50,000 in fines before the plea bargain.

Authorities say two students were facing organ failure because they were beaten so badly last year. A third victim told investigators he stopped the initiation ritual into a subgroup of the French horn section after being hit with a wooden board 50 times.

Police say they were blindfolded and doused with water.

AP-ES-05-12-09 1817EDT


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.