100 years ago, 1910

One of the largest district meetings of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows to be held in this section in a long time was that held by District No. 15 at Auburn Hall last evening. Five hundred Odd Fellows were present, representing 44 lodges. The lodges in District 15 are Androscoggin No. 23 and Abou Ben Adhem No. 24 of Auburn, Manufacturers and Mechanics No. 62 and Golden Rule No. 72 of Lewiston, Sabattus River No. 21 of Lisbon and Worumbo No. 103 of Lisbon Falls.

50 years ago, 1960

Two buildings on the fringe of Lewiston’s business district are being torn down.

Being demolished by the George W. Sampson wrecking firm are a 2½-story wooden structure at Ash and Middle streets and a similar wooden building close by on Ash Street. The corner building formerly housed the Marcous and Harvey grocery store on the bottom floor. The other one also had a business downstairs. Both once housed apartments on the upper floors.

25 years ago, 1985

After lying dormant for 25 years, the one-time Lithuanian Hall at 387 Lisbon St., Lewiston, has been renovated and is available for a variety of functions.

The facility, renamed Lithu Hall, is located upstairs over the National Pharmacy. Both operations are owned by Guy F. Boisse, who believes the rejuvenation of the hall adds to the needed revitalization of the Lower Lisbon Street area.

According to Boisse, the hall is available for family gatherings, banquets, weddings, showers, anniversaries and dances.