HARRISON — A woman who was burned while trying to put out a kitchen fire was released from Bridgton Hospital, hospital spokeswoman Pamela Smith said Monday.

Alison Flagg’s face was burned Sunday afternoon, according to firefighters, when she tried to stop a fire that eventually destroyed a cabin owned by her boyfriend, Steve Fogg.

According to Sgt. Joel Davis of the state Fire Marshal’s Office, the blaze was started as a cooking fire. Harrison Town Manager George “Bud” Finch said cooking oil caught fire when it was overheated.

Fire crews arrived at the scene at around 2:30 p.m. Sunday to find it fully engulfed. Harrison firefighters were assisted by Paris, Waterford, Norway, Otisfield, Naples and Bridgton fire departments. The fire took about 45 minutes to extinguish.

[email protected]


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: