WATERFORD — A clothes dryer may be to blame for a midday fire that heavily damaged a rented mobile home at 12 Hilltop Drive on Monday.

According to Waterford fire Chief Adrien Morin, the call came in around noon and when firefighters arrived there was no one there. Flames were confined to the laundry area but smoke damaged much of the home before the fire could be knocked down, he said.

“My guess would be (the fire) totaled it — it’s pretty black in there,” he said.

Morin said it appeared the dryer was the cause of the fire.

[email protected]


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: